“It takes a village to raise a child ” (African proverb). Connecticut has over 3,200 kids in foster care. Another 1400 kids are without a family nest. Some are in shelters, some are in residential treatment centers, some are in hospitals, etc. All of these kids need everyone’s support in order to spread their wings and fly.
This statewide project was begun to support children in foster care and raise awareness about the continued need for foster “nests”. Hand-painted birdhouses from this initiative will be available across the state at fairs and agency events for a goodwill donation.
How can you help?
- Host a painting party as a service project, birthday party project, etc. (materials can be provided).
- Display finished Bird Houses & Literature about Foster Care.
- Invite the “Everyone Needs a Nest” Project to your fair, festival, tag sale, meeting or coffee hour.
- Make a donation to “Everyone Needs a Nest.”
- Donate arts and crafts supplies such as paints, brushes or wooden bird houses.
- Build and donate bird houses.
By participating in this project, you become part of the village. Contact us for more information.
Or call 203.706.0101 to be referred to the regional facilitator in your area.
Check out our photo gallery. Click here.